March 22, 2021
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 chicken thighs, or 1 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or shredded
- 4 packs/ bundles udon noodles, fresh or if frozen defrosted and cooked for 1 minute, about 30 oz
- 3- 4 cups leafy greens, like baby spinach
- Scallions for garnish
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 tablespoons dashi stock, or chicken stock
- Combine all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat.
- Add mushroom, onion, and garlic into pan and saute until onions begin to turn translucent, and mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add chicken into pan and cook just until chicken turns white and begins to brown.
- Add carrots and cabbage, and cook for 1- 2 minutes, or until cabbage is soft.
- Add noodles and greens into pan and pour sauce over the top.
- Cover the pan and cook for 1 minute, remove lid and stir to coat all ingredients in sauce.
- Taste and season with more soy sauce, if desired.
- Remove from heat and garnish with scallions before serving