White sauce mushroom and prosciutto pasta
April 19, 2021
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup prosciutto
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8oz of pasta
- Cook pasta according to package. Once pasta is cooked, remove it from the pot and save pasta water.
- In a large saucepan on low heat, add butter. When butter is melted, add garlic cloves and stir for 3 mins.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, and peas. Stir for 3 mins. Once mushrooms are soft, add white wine. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the wine has reduced to half.
- When the wine has reduced to half, add heavy cream and prosciutto—season with salt.
- Simmer sauce for 3-5 mins or until sauce has thickened. Add cooked pasta.
- Add 1/4 cup of pasta water to help thin out the sauce. Add more if needed.