UCI Forum on COVID-19: Where Are We & What to Expect Next: Public Policy
When: April 29, 2020 at 3 p.m.
Critical leadership is required for any crisis, but the impacts of COVID-19 go far beyond any challenge experienced by modern policymakers. This event will address the current state of our community through the lens of our elected officials and examine public health within the boundaries of public policy. Panelists will discuss public safety, economic impact, rebuilding of the community, business/manufacturing and education.
Opening message: UCI Chancellor Howard Gillman
Moderator: Dean Bill Maurer, UCI School of Social Sciences
- Mayor Christina Shea, Irvine
- Supervisor Don Wagner, Orange County
- Assemblywoman Cottie Petrie-Norris (74th Assembly District)
- Sen. John Moorlach (37th Senate District)
- Rep. Lou Correa (46th Congressional District)