Turmeric lemon rice
March 30, 2021
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- Half a tablespoon of butter
- Half a teaspoon of mustard seeds
- One jalapeño
- One-fourth cup chopped cashews
- 6 Curry leaves
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Zest of one Lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Two cups of water
- Rinse rice and soak for 20 minutes. Drain and allow to dry for 30 mins.
- Keep butter in a pot, add mustard seeds and sautee for 1 minute.
- Add chopped jalapeno cashews, and Curry leaves roast until they are golden brown.
- Add rice to pot and roast for three minutes. Add turmeric powder lemon zest salt and roast for two more mins. Add water mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer cover and cook for seven to ten minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in lemon juice and serve hot.