Thai coconut red curry
March 2, 2021
Serves 2 – 4
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 1/2- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, the more you use, the spicier the dish
- 2 shallots diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb or other kinds of meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce, more as needed
- 2 teaspoons rock sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 handfuls of baby bok choy, or other greens
- 1 lime, juiced extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 slices galangal (optional)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- Fried shallots, garnish (optional)
- Heat a pot over medium-high heat and then add oil into the hot pot.
- Stir fry the curry paste until fragrant and then add the shallots, garlic, galangal, and pork. Cook until pork is browned.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, lime leaves, fish sauce, sugar, and coconut milk into the pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cook for 45- 60 minutes or until pork is tender. If you are doing this in your instant pot, cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and allow it to natural release.
- Before serving the curry, add in the greens and cook until wilted, stir in the lime juice.
- Taste the curry, season with more fish sauce, sugar, or lime.
- Take the curry off the heat and garnish with cilantro leaves, fried shallots, and extra limes if desired.