Spicy turkey burgers
April 27, 2021
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large jalapeno
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp oil
- slices of cheese
- chipotle mayo
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- In a large bowl. combine all the burger ingredients except for the slices of cheese.
- Mix well and form into equal size patties.
- Coat a pan with oil and bring to medium high heat.
- Place the burger in the pan. Cook burgers 5-6mins on each side.
- While burgers are cooking make the chipotle mayo. Mix mayo, chipotle, and lime juice until smooth.
- When burgers are done top with cheese. Add a splash of water to the pan and cover.
- Cook for one minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato if you want!