Korean steamed Egg
April 13, 2021
Serves 2- 3
- 1 cup dashi stock
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon anchovy fish sauce (substitute more salt if needed)
- 1 teaspoon mirin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions chopped
- Heat stock in a small pot fitted with a lid.
- Whisk eggs with fish sauce, mirin, and salt.
- Once stock is boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and pour in the egg while whisking constantly for about 30- 60 seconds.
- Put the lid back on the pot and cook for 4- 5 minutes.
- The egg is done once you see a little steam escaping from the side of the pot.
- Immediately turn off the heat, remove the lid, and garnish egg with scallions.