May 5, 2021
For the pancake:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour, or potato starch, or use ¼ cup cornstarch and ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cups cold water, plus more as needed
- ½ cup kimchi brine (optional, you can just use more water!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, julienned
- pinch of salt
For the dipping sauce:
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes gochugaru (optional, or just use regular chili flakes)
- In a mixing bowl combine flours, then mix together water, brine, and egg in a separate bowl and mix into the flours.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until just mixed, don’t over mix.
- Stir in the kimchi, green onions, and salt mixing again, only until combined, a few streaks of flour are completely ok!
- Heat a pan over medium high heat, once hot, coat pan with oil, once oil is hot, ladle ¼- ½ cup pancakes into the hot oil, cook about 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired crispiness.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- Cooked pancakes can be stored in your refrigerator for 3- 5 days, and frozen for three months.
- To reheat, place pancakes in a toaster oven to crisp up.