Gluten Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 12 large cookies
1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter with sugar, using a handheld mixer mix until peanut butter and sugar are well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add oats, baking soda, and cinnamon, mix just until combined; do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Using your hands, spoon, or ice cream scoop, form cookies, and place on the cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake cookies for 10- 14 minutes or until they just begin to brown. Leave on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.