Crispy stuffed sweet potato skins with cashew cream
January 27, 2021
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes
For cashew cream:
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts or pieces
- 1/4 cup almond or other nondairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Bake sweet potatoes in the oven for 40- 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Remove the “meat” of the sweet potato and set aside to use as you desire.
3. Season the sweet potato skins with salt and pepper, then place in a 400-degree oven for 3- 5 minutes or until crisp.
4. To make the cashew cream combine the cashews with the milk and set aside for 10 minutes. Place in a blender with the smoked paprika and cumin, blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve cashew cream with the sweet potato skins.