Creamy pancetta chicken spinach pasta
March 1, 2021
- 4 ounce diced pancetta
- 1 small onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon double concentrate tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 -3 Boneless skinless chicken thighs diced, about 8oz
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (I use frozen cream!)
- 2/3 cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 7-8 oz Linguine or your favorite pasta, cooked
- Reserve some pasta water
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat until hot. Coat with a little oil and then plays pancetta in pan. Render the fat out of the pancetta, cooking until crisp.
- Remove pancetta from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Cook onions and garlic in rendered pancetta back until onion is just begin to brown.
- Add chicken into pan and cook until browned, don’t worry about cooking through you will continue cooking it in the sauce.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning into pan, cook for 5 to 8 minutes until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Add cooked pasta into pan and toss to coat. Add cream and cheese into sauce and pasta. Thin out your sauce by adding a ladle if reserved pasta water if desired.
- Place baby spinach on top of pasta cover pan with a lid. Cook for 30 seconds to one minute or until spinach has wilted.
- Toss well and top with pancetta and serve!