Chicken fried rice
March 15, 2021
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots or any frozen vegetable mix
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup chicken, diced
- 2 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 – 4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally.
- Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and heat until melted. Add onion, frozen vegetables, garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil immediately add the rice, chicken, green onions, soy sauce, and stir until combined.
- Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil until combined.
- Taste and season with extra soy sauce, if needed.